1. My best friend (since Kindergarten, wow!) had her first baby this morning, at 8:20 a.m. Her name is Mackenzie and I hear she has a full head of dark hair. Jo is blonde so she won't be pleased that Mackenzie is already taking after her father. ;) I am so giddy and happy and everything under the sun! I've known pregnant people, of course, but no one THIS close to me. A friend that I've known almost all my life. It's insane and beautiful and the best thing ever.
2. Some sad news to go with the happy but, that's life, right? Lain's dad had to make a hard decision yesterday to put down their sweet, loving Bullmastiff, Sadie. No word of a lie, this dog was the best. She was sweet, kind, loved people and kids, to go for walks. That's pretty normal. But she just loved people. You could've left your newborn baby with her and felt safe, knowing that she'd never do anything to harm anyone. I only got to know Sadiekins for about six years but she was 10 years old; she lived well past we thought she would. I'm just really sad for Lain and his family because they truly loved her so much. Pets are so hard. I can't imagine myself not having any but the thought of losing them is too much.
3. It's been SCORCHING hot here for the past couple of weeks. Seriously. The other day was so bad, I was hot while sitting inside with the air conditioning on. Anytime I went outside, even to sit, I felt like I was dying a slow death. It's broken now and kind of gloomy today. Weather forecast is calling for rain. I'll take it.
4. Buying a bike soon. I keep saying it but I've finally found a place that actually sells the brands I'm interested in. Bobbin Birdie | Pashley | Linus Dutchi 3 - opinions? They're all made in the UK, I believe. A bit pricier than I wanted to go but the more research I've done, the more convinced I am. It's a good idea to spend a bit more, when the quality is so good. If I take care of it, it could last me years. Plus they're all kinda pretty. :)
5. I still need a job. Was offered a sale position but it was strictly commission so I had to turn it down. Interviewed for a Communications Coordinator position at a good company, closer to home than my last job was. Hope to hear back from them soon. Either way, it was a good experience and it allowed me to find out about a new company. If I don't get it, I'll know it wasn't meant to be. I just need to be patient until the right thing comes along. But, I also need to work harder at actually applying to places. It's hard to find stuff that I'm interested in and admittedly, I've had a bit of a rough time with anxiety/depression, since losing my job. But things will get better! I'm determined to make them better.