Monday, January 4, 2010


We've got something .."cooking" for this little blog, that I've neglected for so long. Along with others, I was really inspired by the movie, "Julie & Julia." I was inspired by it's sweetness, its joy of love, life and cooking and the message was clear to me: "Do what you love and love what you do."

I claim to like doing all kinds of things. Blogging, taking pictures, spending time going on adventures with Lain and a million other things. It's true, I love doing these things.. but I don't do them anymore. It's kind of sad, really. It hit me that I'll be turning 30 in less than five years and I panicked.

I've been a slow, late bloomer and I'm okay with that. I'm alright with being who I am, I just want to be a better version of myself. I know "she's" in there, somewhere and I'm slowly trying to dig the person I really want to be, really crave to be, out from the darkest depths and let her live.

Let myself live.

I'm really excited about 2010 and that's something new for me. I don't usually get excited about having to face scary tasks like graduating college, getting a drivers license, paying back loans, saving for a house.. so many others, but I am. I'm excited that I'm finally ready to be an adult and have a life as well. I've let myself get old and lazy but I want to be young and sassy. And confident.

And gosh darn it, I will be all of those things.

After some persuading on my part, but not a ton because I have a dreamy boyfriend, Lain agreed to work on a (for now) secret project with me. I'm just in the stages of jotting down ideas, thinking back to what I've learned in school so far and what I need to improve upon to succeed in our little adventure.

I feel like 2010 is a whole new chapter for me, for us. It's going to be scary as hell at some points and there'll be others where I'll weep with joy. I'm ready for it all.

4 comments:

Stacey Sargent said...

Love this post! So enlightening and amazing! Thank you for it!! :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Love that image :) Cute blog.

Dawn said...

I just came across you today (through Jamine's blog)...and am looking thru your blogs- hope ya don't mind!
Your pic on the top of this post makes me smile. I want to hang it EVERYWHERE in my house. What a perfect "quote" or thought!
THANK YOU! I needed that about happiness:)))
dawn
Hope your day is happy all throughout!!

Dawn said...

and oh- yah....are you going to share your "secret project"??? I liked your post and hope you continue writing!!!